Charlotte Quilters' Guild
promoting the art and craft of quilting through fellowship, education and outreach
Enjoy the Benefits of Membership
Join our members and enjoy a variety of benefits and activities within our community!
- Monthly meetings - fostering fellowship and providing an opportunity to learn and share with the membership.
- Programs - lectures & workshops provide additional learning opportunities.
- Quilt Show - Our annual judged quilt show has a reputation for craftsmanship and beauty.
- Raffle Quilt - proceeds fund guest lecturers and workshops, each offering new techniques and ideas furthering our understanding of the historical importance of quilts and the art of quilt making.
- Outreach efforts supply hundreds of donated quilts, made by Guild members, to the Carolina Medical Center, Presbyterian Hemby Children's Hospital, and A Child's Place. We also have a Quilts for Soldiers outreach giving red, white and blue quilts to returning veterans through the Charlotte branch of the USO.
- Cultural Community Volunteering - The opportunity to share the love of quilting by participating in exhibits and demonstrations at community locations such as the Hezekiah Alexander home site, Latta Plantation Park, Knight Publishing, York County Museum, CPCC, and other shows and cultural events in Charlotte and neighboring areas.
- Library - A wonderful collection of books available for use by the membership.
- Small Quilting Groups (Bees) - which meet in various members' homes for the purpose of perpetuating the art of quilt making while fostering the opportunity to build lasting friendships.
- Community rich with learning opportunities - Quilt tradition and techniques taught in local schools, colleges, senior centers, private classes, and through demonstrations held at monthly meetings and regional and national quilting symposiums.
- Guild Directory - A directory of Guild members' names, addresses and telephone numbers, along with other pertinent information about the Guild, is provided in November to each paid member. One copy is provided to each member as part of the membership fee. Additional copies may be purchased at a fee to cover the cost of printing. Members joining later in the year will be given a copy of the current directory. Directory Changes: Please notify the Membership Chair by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any changes to your personal directory information.